Thursday 30 September 2010

Confessions of a Hoarder


Hi everyone
Thanks for your lovely comments over the last few posts. I really appreciate the time you take to stop by and visit. :)

After my doodle yesterday I went for a lovely walk in the freezing cold air and came across this flower. It was right in my path, just meant for me.

I love the bright orange and the petals are really shiny and soft. I think I will turn it into a painting one day. What do you think?


I have a confession to make. I am a clutterbug and hoarder.

Phew! there I said it out loud.

It is a time honored tradition passed down from my mother and I have been a "collector" since I was young.

I go through cycles but my husband, who is totally the opposite, keeps it from overtaking. At times I really hate it and then go through a de-clutter that honestly feels so good when I am finished - which is what I have been doing this week, bit by bit. 

I did get into my wardrobe yesterday and tidied up and gathered two bags of clothes to donate to the local op shop. Now that feels good.
Along the way I had a few fights with these...



  I also found a few things that I just can't let go of......yet

yes they are tap shoes from when I was 17

I also love my scarves and have them hanging on a towel rail so I can easily pick which one I want to wear.
 and ended up with this


 Now to my medicine man from yesterday. I did do a meditation to get some insights and I can tell you that after two foolscap pages of writing I had a lot of information including his name, where he lived, who he was and why he is with me now.


This morning I did another doodle. It was on a background that I did yesterday and thought it looked a bit flowery. So here it is.

..From this






















to this.....
 




I hope you all have a great weekend. I have run out of my internet download till the 10th so I will try to post from work next week. Thankfully I have upgraded my internet so this wont be a problem in the future. 

Here is one of my favourite quotes

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures."
Henry Ward Beecher


Namaste
Lee

4 comments:

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Lee,
Looks and sounds like you're having a fabulous week off and these pages are gorgeous!

Hm, I'm also quite a hoarder but I think my husband is worse.
Hugs,
Anna

ittybittyandpretty said...

wow what a doodle!! i just wish i could doodle like that...and i too confess to be a collector of many things, there comes a time when i need to de clutter and i must admit it feels great. i feel like tomorrow might just be a day for that! school holidays get on my nerves as the house never seems clean and i am the only one that cares.
have a great week ahead.
xxrosey

Tyggereye said...

Such a pretty doodle. I live with a wanna be hoarder. He keeps everything!~ Your closet looks nice. :)

Wini said...

Its the same with me,,, I'm a hoarder too. Great to hear that you filled two bags of clothes! Your closet looks very tidy now. Love the flowery doodle too! Wini xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails