Tuesday 10 May 2011

Going around in circles

G'day everyone from a freezing cold Melbourne. We are only in Autumn at the moment but today has felt like the middle of winter with ice cold air. I was very glad today to get home, put the heater on and rug up in my woolies.

My journal page is how I feel like I am going in circles trying to catch up, every time i cross something off my list I am adding another one or two things to do, feeling like I am treading water at times.
This is how the page started with left over sprays and wipes from ink projects etc.

I liked the pattern on this serviette so I tore it and stuck it down with Mod Podge


I chose my colours, Jo Sonja Gold Oxide and Teal Green hoping they will compliment each other.


I slipped my onion bag over the end of the journal so it could stretch out, filled a mini mister with water, added a few drops of Teal Green, shook and sprayed


then I dipped an end of a cardboard roll that came out of a roll of baking paper, into Teal Green and stamped over the page


here is a close up of the spraying and stamping.

I then sponged on some Gold Oxide using my new Crafters Workshop Stencil Mini Cosmic Bubbles.

and ended up with this.....

I then got out a new stamp I bought recently, a grungy one and stamped on the pages with StazOn Timber Brown


and it looked like this


Up until this stage all I new about this page was that I wanted to do circles. Then the words came and so I painted a track for my words with Smoked Pearl


To write my words  i used a blue and green Sharpie and then a blue glitter gel pen because the letters weren't standing out. I also rubbed around the edges of the pages and in other places with the Impress Pale Aqua ink pad.


Here it is finished


Anyway, I have lots still on my list to do but doing this post has grounded me so I can keep moving.

I just heard on the news that we are expecting hail in the next day or two so i think I need to get my gloves out for work tomorrow.
I hope you are keeping warm or staying cool wherever you are, I am off to pour a nice hot cuppa and have a piece of Chocolate Brownie to warm my insides.

Breathe and Just Be.......

Namaste
Lee

5 comments:

Janet said...

I love the way this spread kept changing as you went along. And the circle theme is perfect. I feel like I'm going around in circles right now, too. Your journal spread is perfect for expressing this.

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Lee,
I was really surprised to see how this page evolved.
Great spread and you're not the only one going around in circles these days. lol
Stay warm & Cosy,
Big hugs,
Anna

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Love seeing all your juicy layers. I like the onion netting idea, too! Thanks for sharing the pics from Wales - what beautiful scenery!

Artoholic said...

What a beuatiful result! The lettering is lovely.

I'm such a fan of Jo Sonjas and Stazon - they always behave!

Good luck with getting through your list.

Cheers,

Cindy

Artoholic said...

I'm sure I left a comment about your beautiful pages (especially the lettering). I think Blogger had a "moment"?

Any warmer in Melbourne yet?

Cheers,

Cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails