Thursday 17 November 2011

Dream....

Hi Everyone

Do you have those days when you head is so full of ideas and things to do that it just wants to do nothing? 

I've had a couple of deadlines to meet and I taught my art journal class last Saturday which went really well. This time we played with inks. The colour is a bit washed out here but I used Impress inks in Pansy, Pale Aqua, Tangerine and Spring Green, a distress stain in Dusty concord.


Time is flying by and the merry-go-round has not slowed down so last night I took the night off and indulged in a few hours of tv watching Celebrity Apprentice Australia and NCIS, then went to bed early and slept like a little lamb. Just what the doctor ordered...

Today I would like to share with you an album I did for a friend's daughter who has just finished high school and is ready for the next stage in her life. Ahhh to be 18 again with the whole world at your feet........

Anyway I was watching one of Oprah's Lifeclass webcasts with one of my favourite authors, Iyanla Vanzant. She had made an album to give to Oprah and it gave me an idea so I grabbed some chipboard and cut out the word ........


 ..........and then decorated the pages  with papers , paints, stamps, embossing powders and inks. 

I left spaces for her to write her dreams down and where she is at the moment in life and where she wants to go. I also made some envelopes from die cuts and placed little cards in them for her own hidden messages. 

So here are the pages, front and back. I hope you like them. I really enjoyed the process and hope to make some more.


The gorgeous papers I used are Bo Bunny, I so love these papers!
 
Following on from Oprah's webcasts that I have been watching and devouring, I leave you with this question, it is from the Lifeclass on Living your Truth where she challenges us to really look inside, discover what your real truth is, where you want to go, who you want to be, what your REAL dreams are,  and to live that truth everyday of your life. 

"For as long are you are pretending you are something that you are not, you will never be who you are supposed to be, you will never maximise what you are meant to be in your life... success is not fuelled by pretence." - Martha Beck

Ask yourself
"Am I being real,
am I showing up 
as my true self 
in this moment?"

Have a great weekend everyone
Namaste
Lee

3 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

the DREAM book is an awesome idea and your friend's daughter will love it!

I LOVED the Oprah and Eckhart Tolle A New Earth chapter series. I'm actually going to work my way through it again.

OH YES...I have a lot of those days where my head is so overwhelmed with ideas and plans that I end up getting nothing done.

Love the journal spread!

Have a great weekend,
Serena xo

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Lee,
Ohh, no wonder your class was packed. Love this page, so soft, delicate and great words!

The DREAM book is Fabulous.
All the decorated pages, little envelopes and papers are gorgeous.
Great pressie or giveaway for christmas~hint, hint. lol
Looking forward to catching up on Sunday.
Creative hugs,
Anna

Jennibellie said...

Beautiful work - love all the journal pages you have on your art journal page, thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails